Whether you are passing through or staying for a week… Whether you are coming for a romantic getaway, backpacking the Americas, traveling with a student group, or celebrating a wedding… There is something for everyone here at Hotel Gringo Perdido:
- Explore, swim, play or relax in the crystal-clear, blue water
- A spacious dining room with room for business conferences, family gatherings, large student groups, and weddings
- Hot, relaxing showers
- The best food around Lago del Petén, featuring a healthy International menu with Guatemalan overtones
- Pristine nature and rich flora and fauna encompass the property
- We’ll make your tour arrangements for attractions around Gringo Perdido
- Playground for the kids
- Private docks with hammocks, sitting, and tanning areas border the shores of Lago Petén Itza
- Bring your fishing poles and enjoy a leisurely afternoon fishing off the docks or shore’s edge
- The sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking. Words cannot express their magnificence
- The stars at night are incredible. You can actually see the Milky Way while you try to spot the shooting stars.
Hotel Gringo Perdido really is close to everything, but away from it all. Explore the ancient Mayan cities just a short drive away. World-famous Tikal offers it all: Mayan temples will amaze you while ancient ceremonies and rituals delight you. Tikal is in the middle of Peten’s rainforest, also known as Earth’s “second lung.” Overhead, you will see howler and spider monkeys swinging from tree to tree while tropical frogs, and hundreds of species of colorful birds serenade you. If you look closely and are lucky, you may even see the elusive jaguar in Tikal’s lush tropical rainforest.
- Horseback riding to the lushly forested, Ixlu Archeological Site and Lake Sac Peten.
- Canopy tours and zip lines.
- Tour Finca Los Chultines, a flourishing tree cloning farm and a Mayan archeological site with a refreshingly cool grotto in the jungle where you can swim
- Tour Biotopo Cerro Cahui Plant and Wildlife Preserve only a couple minute stroll from Gringo Perdido
- Visit other Mayan Sites including Uaxactun, Yaxha, Aguateca
- Shop the local stores for world-famous, hand-made wood carvings
- Visit and tour or volunteer at Project Ix-canaan.
No Comments »
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.